It takes a real army to create TechCrunch disruption – taking place October 18-20 in San Francisco, a well-oiled experience that savvy startups have come to know and love. And we couldn’t do it nearly as well without our incredible volunteers.
If you’re looking for a no-budget way to experience Disruption up close and personal, sign up to volunteer for job exchange. Not only will you get a behind-the-scenes look at how to organize events, but you’ll also get a free pass ($1995 value) to experience the event.
You’ll work hard, play hard, and get free access to all three days of Disrupt. Whether you dream of becoming a startup founder, marketer, or event coordinator, this is a great way to see what it takes to create a world-renowned tech startup conference.
Plus, your free pass gives you access to the full disruption experience: the main stage, the TechCrunch+ stage, the show floor, where you’ll find Startup Battlefield 200 – and Startup Battlefield: competition
Volunteers perform a variety of tasks to help make this startup conference an epic experience for everyone. At any time, you can help with registration, wrangle speakers, direct attendees, fill goody bags, post signs, scan tickets, or help with pre-marketing activities.
We need volunteers from October 17-20. If you can meet the following criteria, we want to hear from you:
- Attend a mandatory orientation at the Moscone Center on Monday, October 17th.
- Work at least 10 hours during the entire conference, starting on October 17th (the day before the conference starts) and ending on October 20th. You will find volunteer shift availability in the app. We may select you for some pre-event opportunities that will count toward your hours.
- You may be assigned to an 8- to 9-hour shift, or you may be assigned to two separate shifts of 4 to 5 hours each. Shifts can start as early as 6:30am or end as late as 8:30pm.
- You must provide your own housing and transportation.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we will inform only the selected applicants.
Read on voluntary FAQ For more information:
Give us a helping hand and we’ll give you a free pass. Save money, gain valuable experience, and still have plenty of time to enjoy all the startup goodness that TechCrunch Disrupt has to offer. Apply to volunteer by October 3rd to claim your free pass and we’ll see you in October.